Court Lodge is a Grade II listed Georgian Manor house that has been occupied by the Morland family since 1733, when William Morland bought it and rebuilt it in its current Georgian style. The Morlands hailed from Westmorland, where the architectural style of Court Lodge is much more common than it is in Kent. The current owners are the seventh generation of the Morland family to own it, and they are currently in the process of handing it on to the eighth.
The surrounding grounds are approximately six acres in area, including a rose garden that was once a tennis court, a walled garden that once provided much of the food for the household, a parterre, and many other lovely areas and walks. Hidden away is an atmospheric sunken garden that was designed and built by the famous Victorian firm of garden designers, James Pulham and Son in the 1860s. Lamberhurst golf club lies to the front of the estate grounds, It was originally laid out by the family as their own private golf course in the 1890s, when Siegfried Sassoon was a frequent visitor.
The House and Gardens are slowly being restored to their former glory.