TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
1. The hiring contract shall be between the guest and the owner of the property for which the booking is made and subject to the following terms and conditions.
2. All information is given in good faith, including the details of the property whether in writing or verbally and Court Lodge uses its best endeavours to ensure accuracy – therefore we do not hold ourselves responsible for any loss, damage or injury sustained by guests during their stay. HOLIDAY INSURANCE IS RECOMMENDED.
3. A deposit of 20% of the total cost of the rental is required with the booking form, with the balance being due no later than 8 weeks prior to arrival. If a booking form is submitted 8 weeks or less from the start of the period of stay then the full balance of rent must be paid. Key collection details will be provided when the full balance of rent is paid.
4. Cancellations by the guest of less than four weeks’ notice will be subject to forfeiture of the full charge if the property cannot be re-let. All other cancellations will be subject to forfeiture of the deposit paid.
5. The booking is made on the understanding that the property is available on the dates stated. If for any reason beyond the control of Court Lodge (e.g. fire, storm damage, flood, illness, sale or withdrawal of the property) the property is not available on the date booked, Court Lodge will use its best endeavours to provide alternative accommodation to the guest and his/her party but cannot guarantee that such will be provided and if such cannot be found or is not suitable then all monies paid by the guest shall be returned in full. Court Lodge shall not be liable for any loss, expense or inconvenience or otherwise resulting in such unavailability or unsuitability and the guest shall have no claim against them. The guest shall advise Court Lodge within seven days of being offered alternative accommodation whether or not it is acceptable. If the alternative property is more expensive, Court Lodge reserves the right to charge the difference at cost.
6. Court Lodge will not be responsible for any change in description of decoration or furnishings, which may have taken place between the time of booking and arrival.
7. Court Lodge will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of the owner or any other person or breakdown of any electrical appliances, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property which the guest or any other person may suffer.
8. The period of hire shall be from 3pm on the day of arrival and the property must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure. It is the responsibility of the guest to contact Court Lodge one hour prior to the agreed arrival time to confirm they are on schedule.
9. The property may not be occupied by more than the maximum number of guests stated in the property description, except for children sleeping in travel cots as agreed at the time of reservation. The guest shall not sub-let any part of the property. Only those named on the booking form may stay in the property.
10. Guests are asked to maintain the property and its contents in a clean and tidy condition; failure to do so will result in an extra cleaning charge being levied. The guest shall be liable to the owner for any loss, costs, expenses or claims arising from any damage caused to the property and/or its contents by the deliberate or negligent act or omission of themselves or any person in his/her party.
11. Strictly no pets or smoking allowed in the property. If guests smoke in the property a £50 fine will be charged. If we subsequently lose bookings, we reserve the right to recover our losses directly from the guest.
12. The guest shall allow the owner, or his agents or employees entry to the premises for all reasonable purposes.
13. Guests are asked to keep the noise to a reasonable level, particularly between the hours of 9pm and 9am.
14. All keys must be left behind on day of departure. Failure to do so will incur a charge for replacement.
15. In the unfortunate situation where there is a complaint would you please give us the opportunity to investigate the matter by contacting the owner/manager immediately, the telephone number is shown on the booking form, please leave a message on the answer phone if the owner is unavailable to take your call. In no circumstances will compensation be made for complaints raised after the holiday has ended when the visitor has denied the Company the opportunity of investigating the complaint.
16. The use of the holiday home is subject to the owner's regulations and the local/international law. The Company is not responsible for annoyance through local flora and fauna.
17. PAYMENT: By cheque to Court Lodge Estate, or Bank transfer - please contact us for details).
OVERSEAS PAYMENT: Bookings from overseas clients may be paid by Sterling cheques drawn on a UK bank, or bank transfer in Sterling direct to our bank account. Please contact us for bank details. Please include bank charges.
18. In these terms and conditions:
(a) the expression ‘the owner’ shall mean Court Lodge or their agents
(b) the expression ‘guest’ shall mean the person who signed the booking form